Nutrition & Diet
Nutrition and physical activity are essential parts of a healthy lifestyle when we have diabetes. Some foods raise blood glucose more than others. To deal with our blood glucose, we need to balance what we eat and drink with physical activity and diabetes medicine if we take any. In recent years, there has been much new proof evidence demonstrating the potentially preventable nature of type 2 diabetes, especially by the implementation of lifestyle measures such as weight control and exercise. In perspective on this and the devastating health impact of the disease, it seems prudent that primary prevention should be a major priority. This session, concentrating on nutritional intervention in the prevention of type 2 diabetes is used to make disease-specific recommendations.
- Track 1-1 Medical nutrition therapy
- Track 2-2 Balanced diet index
- Track 3-3 Low glycaemic index diet
- Track 4-4 Ketogenic Diet for Diabetes
- Track 5-5 Meal replacement diet plans
- Track 6-6 Poultry Nutrition